Sunday, March 18, 2007

GIVING UP THE FIVE TIBETAN RITES!

We call it 'falling off the wagon!' Many people learn and practice the rites, and whilst many people continue to practice them for years and years (I know of one old man in his 80's who has practiced them for 20 years), others give up.

When I have asked them why, they say that they just 'got out of the habit' of doing them. Then they immediately say, 'But I felt so much better when I did do them. I'm going to get back to doing them again'.

There's the key! The ability to maintain a habit, pattern, routine, call it what you will, this is the No 1 difference between those that keep it up and others who give up.

Some of those who gave up had practiced them for years - then slowly cut out one day at a time, which then ran into two days, then 3 days, then a week and so on. Then the pattern was broken and other life events simply seeped into the cracks of The Five Tibetans time until suddenly they stopped! This is despite the wonderful benefits they received when doing the Rites - so what's going on?

Initially people say this is what happened:

  • I got sick
  • I went on holiday
  • I was too busy with a project at work
  • The place I am living is too small, or I'm concerned about waking others
  • I got lazy
  • My relationship broke up
  • Someone in my close circle died
  • I haven't any time

Regardless of the initial impetus that stopped people doing them, the real issue is breaking the pattern. Why do you break the pattern? Because you are no longer inspired to do them! Yes, you may have all the original benefits you wanted - more energy, calmness, stronger muscles and core, more flexibility, improved health and stamina - but you have got used to having those benefits. Now, you need something more!

So if you want to keep doing them, here is a great way of linking how doing the rites' can help you achieve your mission, purpose or goals in life. The truth is you need MORE reasons to DO them, than NOT to do them. This method comes from Dr John Demartini who appears on "The Secret" movie. You need to get a pen and paper! Write down the 7 areas of your life as headings:

  1. Spiritual
  2. Familial
  3. Vocational
  4. Financial
  5. Mental
  6. Physical
  7. Social

In each area of your life, write down 25 to 30 ways in which doing this activity can help you fulfill your life mission/purpose/goals.

Get yourself inspired again and let me know how you go?

If you wish to publish this article for your website - you may do so, provided you assign the correct copyright and accreditation exactly as shown below:


Copyright (c) 2006 Carolinda Witt - author T5T - The Five Tibetan Exercise Rites (Penguin) and The 10-Minute Rejuvenation Plan (Random House)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

25 or 30 ways? I'm struggling to find 2 or 3 ways for each one! And they are tending to be the same for each (more energy etc.) Could you give some examples ...

Carolinda Witt said...

Perhaps you have not got clear on your mission/life purpose or life goals. Can I recommend Dr John Demartini's work on this. I have several CD's of his on exactly this subject if you want a copy? If interested I'll find out the price for you. I did his Trainer's Training and Facilitator Training but have been so caught up with T5T that I haven't had a chance to do it. So, there's product if you are interested.

Some examples would be - say for vocation.

1. By having extra energy I am able to do more tasks in the day, without the same amount of strain
2. By feeling calmer I am less reactive to annoying people at work
3. By strengthening my core and back I will not slump over at my desk and will be able to sit up straight and breathe better
4. By doing the routine everyday I have more discipline in other areas of my life. I procrastinate less and my life is more rewarding
5. I feel empowered by doing T5T because I know I am doing something good for myself. This affects my attitude to work

Once you get a run on with this, it is actually enjoyable, because it becomes INSPIRING. You begin to live an inspired life, directed from your inner most desires. Don't approach it as a task, but as a means to discover your inner desires. In this way it is a very spiritual practice.

Several of the benefits will be the same across different areas of your life, but from a different viewpoint.

If you feel yourself weakening in your practice, you can read over these notes to keep yourself on track. This is what you do with your goals and purpose in life to direct your subconscious into bringing these plans into being. Have you seen the "Secret" movie? If not, go and hire it on DVD and it will explain this.

Let me know how you go.

Anonymous said...

theres no need to fall off the wagon! tft is so simple and easy and takes so little time and with such tremendous benefits that its really difficult to stop once you start. i have been doing them for 15 years and simply cant even miss a day!! it requires no special skill to be disciplined. its really so easy!!!

rajendar menen at rajenmenen@hotmail.com

Carolinda Witt said...

Hi Raj!

I love hearing from you! You are so enthusiastic about T5T - even after 15 years! This enthusiasm must affect everything you do!

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

question please:
any info re thyroid medication reduction & T5T.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

question please:
any info re thyroid medication reduction & T5T.
Thanks.